With the emergence of Internet of Things (“IoT”), IoT applications will be integrated into our communities (such as smart cities and smart homes among others).
Presently, there are many technology innovations focused on internet platforms, such as applications, product features, marketplaces, portals, etc. However, there is little interest in the hardware and module development up till the gateway stages, which are important components within the IoT ecosystem.
In fact, there are many start-ups with good technology and unique market positioning in the IoT ecosystem, but these start-ups generally do not have the capabilities to adapt their products more practically with design improvements to scale up and cater to their target market segments.
How We Can Help
As the entrepreneurial and investment arm of Excelpoint Technology Ltd., we, at PlanetSpark, target to identify and invest in IoT innovators and start-up activities, focusing on the development of viable technological products and solutions that caters to the growing market opportunities related to the global IoT ecosystem.
We aim to enable these start-ups to scale faster through providing monetary support and forging strategic partnerships and collaborations, as well as sharing of capabilities in the next stage of the innovation life cycle. As we are a subsidiary under Excelpoint, these start-ups are able to leverage on the R&D capabilities and operational resources within Excelpoint to develop their product and/or service offerings in order to harness the untapped market opportunities.
With Excelpoint’s extensive business presence and networks within the Asia Pacific region, together with its emphasis on innovation, we are positioned as a platform for these start-ups to accelerate their growth and stay ahead of the innovation curve in the global electronics and technology industries.
How You Can Apply
Applicants should be:
Early- to Mid-Stage Start-up Companies
Registered for less than 5 years at time of grant application;
At least 30% local shareholdings;
Your solution must:
Clearly demonstrate commercially viable technology and products related to the Internet of Things (“IoT”) ecosystem;
Be of a breakthrough (distinctly different/new) level of innovation:
(i) has the potential to disrupt an existing market; or
(ii) can replace or create, a new market/purpose/ niche;
Lead to or build on proprietary know-how/IP.
Who are you and your team members? Provide a profile each.
- Tell us about the background of how the project started.
- Describe the product offering and its uniqueness/innovation.
What are you trying to solve?
What is the value you provide to the problem(s) above?
What is your solution?
- Describe the key technology involved and the development work that has been done so far. Briefly describe the key technical hurdles that need to be overcome, and the resources required to do so.
- Are there any key partners whom you plan to work with to develop the technology?
Who are your target audiences? Explain your target markets.
- What is your go-to-market strategy?
- What is your revenue model?
- What is your commercialisation plan?
- Who are your existing/future competitors (direct or indirect)?
- What is your competitive edge over them?
- What is your estimated amount required?
- What is your proposed usage? Please break down in percentages for each expenditure area.
- Do you have any existing or new investors?
We will inform you if your project application has been successful.